TCBOTB Template

Saturday 9 November 2019

Something Different #1

Good afternoon,

I've been busy on the PC today catching up with Design Team duties for the challenges I'm part of so I thought I would hop on my own blog and share some other 'stuff' I've been working on recently.  After the up and down year I've had since being diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy last year I decided a few months back that I would accept as many invitations to do things as possible.  In the past I'd been guilty of turning down anything that would take me out of my comfort zone, not just in crafting but in all areas of my life.  So I've been accepting all kinds of invitations and in the spirit of this I decided to take up the offer of a flower arranging class! 

Now, although the other half works in a garden centre and is amazingly green fingered, I'm a killer of houseplants and a throw it all into a vase and hope for the best kind of gal.  So I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the floral art class.  The patience and skill of our teacher Bobby from Big Bloomers (what a great name incidentally!) Florists in Nairn made all the difference.  I just love the fact it's been created in a pumpkin and has a Halloween theme, the skull is fabulous!  Please don't ask me to name any of the flowers because the only ones I know are the gerberas and oak leaves! 



I'm really happy with how it turned out and I would definitely have another go at floral art sometime.  Yes, it pushed me out of my comfort zone but in a good way.

Have a great weekend, hugs,

Shona xx

1 comment:

  1. Well good for you, getting out of your comfort zone, because this display is stunning, I love it and the choice of flowers and colours is fab. I try to arrange flowers, but although I see the arrangement in my minds eye, it never turns out like it, keep going with it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete