TCBOTB Template

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Silver Wedding Anniversary

Hi folks,

Wow, what a hot day we've had up here in Inverness.  My car was parked in the shade this afternoon but it still registered 31C when I got in it after work!  I had Iona's pal round for tea and a play date after work so they kept themselves entertained and I got some time to myself for a change. 

This is a card I made last week for a friend and her husband's Silver Wedding Anniversary.  She is my oldest friend, even though we aren't the closest now we always enjoy catching up with each other and recounting memories.  The party was fantastic and the happy couple renewed their vows in a Humanist ceremony.  We all really enjoyed ourselves and even Rab was up dancing!



I've used a Marianne 'Winter Birds' die as the focal point of the card and have mounted it on white iridescent cardstock and white and silver paper which have both been layered with embossed silver cardstock. The heat embossed sentiment is by LOTV and I've mounted it on a die cut scalloped circle and I've finished off the card with silver grey organza ribbon, die cut hearts made with a Stampin' Up Embosslits set, glitter dome stickers, white pearls and glitter number stickers.

I hope it starts to cool down soon or sleeping may be a problem.  This may not be the last you see of me tonight!!!

Shona

I wish to enter my card in the following challenge:

Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - use 2 or more die cuts




4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Shona, so elegant, beautiful dies too and wonderfully designed, it will be a lovely keepsake for your friend.

    So hot and sticky, hope we get some sleep, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card shona. Love that die. And thanks for joining in with us at whoopsi daisy this week and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable design.Wedding and anniversary cards must look creative,stylish and sober.I have also seen some of the beautiful silver anniversary invitation cards on internet.

    ReplyDelete