TCBOTB Template

Saturday 6 July 2013

A 1st Birthday Card

Good evening,

Well, what a fantastic Summer's day it has been here.  Unfortunately we spent quite a lot of time in the car travelling to Whitehills in Aberdeen-shire to visit a little girl, who appropriately enough is called Summer, who will be one on Wednesday.  There are no real family ties to me as she is on my Aunt's in-laws side of the family but Iona says she's her little cousin and who are we to argue!  Anyway, the drive was worth it to see both Summer (and the rest of the family) and have a lovely walk along the beach and collect some shells.  Apparently I picked up one that is very lucky known as a 'Johnny Groat' so I'd better check my lottery numbers after this lol.  Oh, and I managed a quick stop off at Cullen Crafts to pick up some lovely new crafty supplies, you know I think I was running short...

Tonight's card is for Summer's first birthday.



The images are by LOTV and I've coloured them with Promarkers before die-cutting them using the out of the box technique.  It was the first time I've tried this technique and I was a bit nervous about trying it out so late at night in case I had to go and colour again from scratch if I went wrong but I held my nerve and they came out ok thankfully! I've mounted them on pink and turquoise coredinations cardstock and I've used X-cut and Spellbinders dies for this.  The papers used are all by Papermania and they are a mix of Me To You Spring Chic and I think the floral one is Lucy Cromwell, I'm not 100% sure as it was given to me by a crafty pal.  I've trimmed the card with heavy cotton lace and Dovecraft ric rac as well as a spotty organza ribbon bow topped with satin buds also by Papermania.  Some pearls and gems and a sentiment produced on the PC finish it off.

I wish to enter my card in the following challenges:

Ideas to Inspire - Pretty in Pink Challenge
Ladybugs Crafts Ink Challenge - Birthdays
Created With Love Challenges - #48 For The Girls
Whoopsi Daisy - Lets Get Girly



9 comments:

  1. Cute card. Love the images. Thank you for joining our For the Girls challenge at Create with Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet card, love those bears.
    Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts ink.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shona, lovely card, love your little images, they look fab, great design and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card Shona, love the design xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really sweet card Shona love the design and the stamps you've used.Thank you for joining us on Whoopsi Daisy this week
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant card Shona - love these bears - so cute - and just in case you're my number - thanks for joining us at whoopsidaisy this week and good luck in the draw xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very girlie! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Whoopsi Daisy! Hope to see you entering again soon!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (one of the Daisy Divas)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute - love the little bears
    -Thanks for joining us at LCI this month
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful card Shona, my favourite bears! Thanks for entering our 'Pretty in Pink' challenge, good luck!
    Anne, Lili of the Valley x

    ReplyDelete