TCBOTB Template

Tuesday 16 July 2013

40th Birthday Card

Good evening,

It's another lovely evening here in Inverness, the sky looks like it has been threatening rain since Sunday but I'm pleased to say the threat has been the worst of it so far.  Just as well the weather held my pal had a barbecue on Sunday to celebrate her 40th birthday it was a fantastic end to her busy birthday weekend.  A few of us went out for drinks (and karaoke!) on Friday night then she was whisked off to the Scottish Open Golf Tournament at nearby Castle Stuart on Saturday then the big Barbie for friends and family on Sunday.  She really made the most of turning 40 and as they say life begins now so she's started as she means to go on!

Tonight's offering is a quick card I made for her, I wasn't organised enough to make anything too elaborate but I couldn't bring myself to buy a mass produced shop bought one either so this is what I came up with.


I've used a Lucy Cromwell topper as the main focus of the card and the sentiment and the cupcake paper is from the same range.  The spotty paper is a freebie one and the other is from the Parkstone Pink Capsule Collection by Docrafts.  I've layered everything up with blue and pink cardstock and the doorplate die I've used is by X-cut.  I've added glittered number stickers which I bought from Tesco a long long time ago and I've coloured them blue with a Promarker to match the rest of the card.  The card is completed by glitter dome stickers, lilac spotty organza ribbon and pearls in two shades.

I wish to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Ribbons Challenge - #52 Anything Goes With Ribbon
Creative Craft Challenges 2 - #14 Numbers
Happy Campers Challenge - #19 Bling
Sister Act Card Challenge - #15 Anything Goes





3 comments:

  1. lovely card Shona - great shoes! Wish I could walk in shoes like that!!! But trainers seem to be the only thing for me!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great 40th birthday card, love the layout
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Shona, the image is fab, what about those shoe eh! couldn't wear them myself, but would love to have them.
    Love your chsen colours and great design. Pleased you all had such a great time celebrating your friends big birthday, Kate x

    ReplyDelete