TCBOTB Template

Sunday 25 November 2012

V is for Vintage & Victoriana

Good afternoon,

Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing Sunday.  I finally tore myself away from my knitting at midnight last night to make my card for V!  I decided around 10.15 last night to start knitting a scarf with Can Can wool, my aunt had bought the wool a few weeks ago but couldn't understand the instructions so I had a quick look at You Tube then got going with it!  I had intended showing her what to do but I enjoyed it so much I just carried on and had a complete scarf by bed time!  In fact I liked it so much I went and bought 4 more balls in various colours today!  I will post a photo once I finish the ends properly!

So my card - V is for Vintage and Victoriana.  I was originally planning to do a Village scene for V but forces conspired against me lol.  First of all I came across some gorgeous Vintage toppers in my fave craft shop then the new Dolly Mixtures challenge was posted and the theme was Vintage/Victoriana.  So the Village idea has been put on the back burner for now!


The topper and cream patterned paper is from a pack by My Paper Stash, the Merry Christmas paper is a magazine freebie.  The ribbon and lace are both from the HOTP Vintage Christmas collection and the doilly was part of a challenge prize.  I've finished the card off with opalescent gems and pearls for more of a vintage look.

Right, I'd better go now and cook dinner then have a think about what I'll make for W!





2 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card Shona, the design is gorgeous and I love the bow. well done with the knitting mine is taking a back seat just now, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card Shona - and it sounds like we're both on the knitting trail - I'm half way through my second scarf - they're just amazing and grow so quickly that they're really satisfying!!!! I haven't knitted for 28 years - but this is defintely changing!!! Don't know if I'll go beyond scarves though!!!!

    ReplyDelete