TCBOTB Template

Tuesday 13 November 2012

J is for Jingle Bells

These posts are getting later and later, oh how I wish I'd got some more cards made at the weekend!

Anyway we are now on Day 10 of the A-Z Daily Christmas Challenge so by the end of this week we will be over half way - yay!  I started off really organised with several made in advance but now I'm only around a day ahead, if that.

I have to admit I struggled quite a bit to come up with something for the letter 'J'.  Then I remembered some silver bells one of the teaching assistants at Iona's school had given me (she is also a crafter and I had given her some magazines and stuff) and thought they would be ideal, I didn't have a suitable image so I did a search on Dearie Dolls Blog, it's always a great source for freebie digi's, and I wasn't disappointed.  The image I used is called Jingle Bell Boy and has been coloured with promarkers.


This time round I've used an 8x8 Kraft cardblank, I'm always a bit wary of using such large cards as I sometimes find the space hard to fill so I've gone for quite a large sentiment which is a FF clear sticker on more kraft cardstock.  All the papers are from the Papermania Boofle collection and are also matted on Kraft card.  The die I've used to mount the image on is from the Swatches nesting dies by Spellbinders.  I've finished the card with various capsule collection buttons, gems and checked bows, all from DoCrafts and red pearls from Hobbycraft.

I'd better get off to bed now, goodnight x


2 comments:

  1. what a fabulous card Shona - you've really gone to town with this one - brilliant image and fabulous colouring - good luck with the challenge - you're doing so well! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Shona, bright and cheery, I think your amazing managing to do all these cards, well done, kate x

    ReplyDelete