TCBOTB Template

Friday 27 February 2015

Time to Par-Tee


Good evening,

Sorry no Oldie for Friday to share today, I didn't have time to look back through my old photos to dig something out.  I had an unpleasant couple of days this week when I was off sick with a tummy bug but I'm feeling much better now.  Unfortunately, Iona doesn't feel so good now so I hope she doesn't come down with it.

Tonight's card is one I was asked to make for a work colleague to give a golf loving relative to celebrate his retirement.  I know she doesn't like anything too cutsie so I scoured good old Google and Pinterest to come up with a suitable digi.  In the end I plumped for a set from Imagine that Digi's by Kris and a matching set of digi papers.  If you haven't ever come accross this website I'd thoroughly recommend it, they have no problem dealing with Europe since the tax laws changed and Kris was extremely helpful.  You can find the website here.


I used a pre-coloured golf bag image, although there is an outline only version in the set too.  I like how this toned together with the papers.  In the inside of the gatefold card I used a ball and tee image and a fun sentiment from the same set which I die-cut using a bunting die to look like a flag at a hole on a golf course.


I was a bit wary of trying out the digi papers as I didn't have much success with my old printer but I was really happy with the results - the colours all look sharp and bright.  I used some of my Neenah card to print out on.  I probably could have used something a bit lower quality but I was frightened it wouldn't cut nicely in my paper trimmer.

I've used X-cut dies throughout and the card has only been embellished with a few toning buttons.

My colleague was very pleased with the card and hopefully the recipient was too!

Have a great weekend whatever you have planned.  I just hope my girl perks up and has a good weekend too!

Hugs,
Shona xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:









6 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, this is such a fantastic gatefold card Shona :) Love that you decorated the inside and added the bunting and li'l tee in the corner :) Super job! I'm so happy you took the time to link up in our "Use Any Imagine That! Digi" linky too, I'm always excited to see my digis being used. Hope your li'l one feels much better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this looks great Shona! The image is great and together with the papers it all works so well together xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shona this is a fab card, your colours and design are brillaint, great images too,
    I hope Iona feels better soon and that you have well and truly got rid of the bug, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Shona and I'm glad to see you've discovered the Imagine That website too!

    Thanks for joining us at Imagine That Digis by Kris

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shona :) Just wanted to stop by and say CONGRATS! You were our "Use Any Imagine That Digi" linky winner from February! You've won 3 digi sets of your choice (up to $10) you can see the deets on our blog post here:

    http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.com/2015/02/march-use-any-imagine-that-digi-link-up.html

    Happy Crafting!
    xxKris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Wow Kris that's great. I'll head over and check out your online shop! Thank you! x

      Delete