TCBOTB Template

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Father Christmas for the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge

Good Morning,

Another scheduled post from me as I will be working (at home) again today.  Hasn't the weather been gorgeous over the last few days?  At least it has been here, hope it's been equally good wherever you are!   I'd love to work outside but although the wireless connection is usually pretty good I can't rely on it and also I'd be too easily distracted!

So on to my latest DT card for the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge. The stamp I have used for my card this time is by the artist Raymond Briggs who also created 'The Snowman' as immortalised in animated film and if you're Scottish by Irn Bru!!!  I was lucky enough to have been given this stamp set by one of my crafty friends, in fact it was a lovely surprise to get it through the mail a couple of weeks ago during the ongoing lockdown.  I loved colouring the 'big man' he's such a cheery Santa!  I've teamed him with some pretty old but well loved 12 x 12 papers and I've edged everything with a black Promarker which with so many layers adds definition without bulk.  I've finished off my card with a die-cut snowflake and my signature button.


Materials used:
Stamp Set - Raymond Briggs Father Christmas
Promarkers
White Posca pen
Patterned Papers - Docrafts Papermania Home for Christmas
Snowflake Die - Hobbycraft own brand
Cardstock, button & twine from stash

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  Stay safe and take care of yourself in these uncertain times.

Hugs,
Shona xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:



3 comments:

  1. A very jolly Christmas card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Shona - love all the layers and papers! Thanks for joining in my Add a Sentiment challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The kitty looking over Santa's shoulder is adorable. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete