TCBOTB Template

Saturday 30 March 2013

An Easter Card for My Aunt

Good evening folks,

It's been a lovely sunny day here in the Highlands, you wouldn't believe we had snow lying on Thursday morning!  We took the opportunity to go to Whin Park, here in Inverness which is a fab park with a Boating Pond and Miniature Railway.  We didn't want to venture too far afield as my car seems to have a slow puncture which will need to get sorted once the garage is open again next week, the joys of motoring!

My card tonight is an Easter one for my Aunt who's still in hospital.  It was quick to make as I used a ready made topper and followed a sketch for the floral challenge over at Docrafts.



The topper was part of a challenge prize so I'm not sure what brand it is.  I've mounted it on various papers from the Papermania Boysenberry Capsule collection and magazine freebies.  I've inked the edges of the papers with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Some buttons from the Cupcake Boutique collection from Dovecraft and a Hobbycraft Sentiment Stamp finish it off.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter Sunday with lots of choccy eggs!!!

Shona xx


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Shona, lovely image and those papers are just so delicate.
    Hope your aunt continues to improve.
    Have a great Easter holiday, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card for your aunt Shona - hope she's fully recovered soon! Enjoy the easter holidays - hope you get more good weather and have lots of fun with Iona! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete