TCBOTB Template

Friday 15 April 2016

Trying Something New...

Good Morning,

Today I'm sharing a card that I was asked to make by my sister in law to give my nephew for his birthday yesterday.  She just said I'll leave it to you, you know what he's into!  Well, the first thing that sprung to mind was that he loves music so that's the theme I went with but I also wanted to try out something different.  I had bought a set of Creative Expressions stamps called Urban Beats and since they are just meant to be stamped in a solid colour I decided I would have a play with the background.


To start with I spritzed water directly onto a white card blank then used a flat paintbrush to paint on bands of 4 different Tim Holtz distress inks (Faded Jeans, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed & Dusty Concorde).  I thought it needed something else so I then spritzed on some Dylusions Ink Spray in Vivid Turquoise (that I bought after an art journalling workshop and was lying untouched until now) and Artiste Spritzing ink in Gold (also unopened!) which gave a gorgeous lustre that unfortunately you can't really see in my photo.  All the moisture made my card blank a bit mis-shapen so once I stamped on my image and sentiment I decided to crop it and mount it on a kraft 6x4 card blank instead.  I finished off my card with some vinyl letters and a single button tied with paper cord.

It was really nice to try out something completely different and a bit more free-style than my normal cards and it's definitely made me want to dabble in art journalling again.

That's all from me for now.  Thanks for dropping in to see what I've been up to.

Hugs,
Shona xx

1 comment:

  1. A brilliant card Shona, just perfect for a youngster, fabulous colourful background, Kate x

    ReplyDelete