TCBOTB Template

Friday 12 October 2018

Going Girly With The Cutie Pies

Hello,

A late post from me to share my latest DT card for the Cutie Pie Challenge.  Our theme this month is 'Going Girly' and we would love you to join us.

I've had a bit of an eventful few weeks since my last post.  I've been diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) which I've inherited through a faulty gene.  I've now had diagnostic tests which show slight dilation of the heart but the good news is that I can get started on medication which will hopefully stop it getting any worse, there's no guarantees but the prognosis looks good.  I start my meds tomorrow.  This was picked up through genetic testing rather than me having any symptoms as a family member suffered heart failure about a year ago and had to have an implantable defibrillator.  Happily he is doing well now.  Sadly, we've found that I've also passed the faulty gene on to our daughter.  Thankfully, she has no signs of DCM but will need regular screening to ensure things don't develop in the future.

Anyway, enough about me and on to my card.  I've used another Gorjuss stamped image for my card this month.  I've kept away from my usual colour palette and mainly used purples and greens this time.


Materials Used:
Stamp Set - Gorjuss
Sentiment Stamp - Personal Impressions
Promarkers
Flower & Leaves Dies - Crafter's Companion
X-cut scalloped rectangles dies
First Edition Storyteller papers
Cardstock, gems and card candi from stash

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,
Shona xx


7 comments:

  1. Adorable card, love your layout today. Thanks for sharing with us over at LPCF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in with your lovely card at I Love Promarkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colours. Love this.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Penny's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Great choice of colors and layout.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see back again soon :)
    Michelle-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at NJC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete