TCBOTB Template

Monday 11 June 2018

Spots and dots with the Cutie Pies!

Good morning,

It's been a strange few weeks since I published my last blog post.  I had a couple of weeks off work due to stress and feeling burnt out.  I just couldn't keep all the plates spinning and needed a bit of time to clear my head.  I'm feeling much better now and went back to work towards the end of last week.  I'm slowly learning that I need to pace myself and ask for help when I need it and also make some more time for myself (doctor's orders!) instead of always running around everyone else, but sometimes it's easier said than done!  We've also had some brilliant sunny weather and I really enjoyed spending time outdoors while I was off.  My husband has just finished transforming an area of our garden, which is a complete suntrap and previously undervalued and just used to store our wheelie bins, into a gorgeous seating area which I now retreat to as often as possible!

So, on to my DT card for the latest Cutie Pie challenge.  Our theme this month is 'Spots and Dots' and as always you must include a cute character on your project to be in the prize draw.  We have Crafty Sentiments sponsoring us and they have a fantastic prize for our lucky winner!  I've chosen their gorgeous 'couples' image for my own card.  For a change (and this is a first for me) I've used kraft card to colour on - a definite advantage of using pencils over markers!  I quite like how it's turned out, especially for a first attempt.


 http://craftysentimentsdesigns.co.uk/


Materials used:
Digi image - Crafty Sentiments
Faber Castell Polychromo pencils
LOTV sentiment stamp set
Various dies X-cut/Sizzix
Papers and button Papermania Spots and Stripes Capsule Collection
Remaining materials all from stash

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a fantastic week, whatever you have planned!

Hugs,
Shona

3 comments:

  1. Wow...A fantastic first attempt at colouring on Kraft Shona and your design is fab. I hope you manage to sort out your work related issues...There really is nothing worse as it spills over and into your home life. Wishing you better days ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colouring on Kraft Shona. Love the design and your blue shading. Take care of yourself. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and very pretty card thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete