TCBOTB Template

Wednesday 19 July 2017

Retirement Card for a Forestry Worker

Hi there,

Tonight I'm sharing a card a work colleague asked me to make to mark her husband's retirement from his job with the Forestry Commission.  She wanted something that reflected his work so I had to get my thinking cap on.  I had rediscovered these Craft Asylum papers not long before and made them my starting point, I then remembered about these die cut trees a friend had given me ages ago that I knew would come in useful at some point then all I needed to think about was the personalisation and as it was a male card just a wee bit of embellishment but nothing over the top.

I've been wanting to make a chalkboard effect card for some time.  Well I have made some before but using black card and rubber stamps with versamark ink and matte white embossing powder but this time I had to go for a different tactic as it had to be personalised.  I searched good old Google for ideas and eventually found a good tutorial which you can find here.  It did take a fair amount of time but I think once you have a better idea what you're doing you could speed things up a bit.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out but I think with a bit more time I could have prabably improved on it.  By the way I also downloaded a couple of new fonts from Dafont to use for the chalkboard.


Materials used:
Papers - Craft Asylum, Into The Woods
Xcut Square Parenthesis nesting dies
Tree die - from stash unknown brand
Button & twine from stash

Thanks for stopping by.  That's about all from me tonight, bed is calling!

Hugs,
Shona xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:




3 comments:

  1. This is a super card for your forestry worker and ideal for our 'Lots Of Layers' Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers

    Thank you for joining us

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Thank you so much for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with pretty paper. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge this month. Hugs Agnieszka chanya13

    ReplyDelete