TCBOTB Template

Friday 7 February 2014

Dotty About You

Good Evening & Happy Friday folks!

Unfortunately having a nasty cold and some time off work got in the way of any midweek blogging this week.  Thankfully, I felt much better today so headed to work.  It's been a short week as I was just in part of Monday and today so by the time Monday comes round again I should be back on top form.

Tonight's card is a Valentine and made using a stamp I completely forgot I had.  It was actually in a set given to me by my crafty pal Fiona a while back but I'd never got around to playing with it.  Note to self - if craft stash was more organised I'd know exactly what I had where!


The stamp is from a Forever Friends Black & Gold set and has been coloured with Promarkers.  The heart has been stamped again on the red spotty paper with a Versamark pad and heat embossed using Papermania Tinsel Red embossing powder for texture and a bit of bling.  The papers are all Me To You With Love and were a magazine freebie a while back (I love my freebies don't I).  The papers have all been layered with kraft card and faux stitched using a pokey tool and a Sakura Micron pen.  The die cuts have all been made using X-cut nesting dies and the heart has been embossed using a dotty embossing folder.  The sentiment is by LOTV and I've finished my card with spotty organza ribbon, a paper flower, pearls and gems.  

Hopefully I've got caught up now with most of your blogs and left you some comments, when I was off sick the Kindle Fire came in very handy for doing that, I didn't even have to get out of bed.  I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone who leaves comments for me too.  It's very much appreciated as I know how much time it takes.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you're up to and hopefully see you back here soon.

Shona xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:



15 comments:

  1. Hi Shona, glad to hear that you are feeling better now.
    Lovely card, such a sweet image, great design and colours. Have a good weekend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shona - lovely card - love the glittery heart on this - fabulous - thanks for your recent visits and kind comments - hope you are fighting fit by Monday! Big Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Shona, glad you are feeling better,
    What a wonderful card, love this sweet image, those gorgeous papers and design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your lovely " Cutie Valentine" with us at The Cutie Pies and Good Luck. Sarah-J

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Shona, love the colours and the image. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, love the sparkly heart and red & Kraft are a great combo, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous card. I love image and colouring. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments! HUgs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty little card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Crafting Cafe in our Embossing challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card with great design. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, team-leader TPS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute!
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe in our Embossing challenge!
    Good Luck
    Emma - The Sparkly Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely valentine card. Thanks for joining us at crafting cafe - good luck. hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining our Challenge at The Crafting Café this month.

    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous image, layering and textures in this card - love it!

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe this month, and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete