TCBOTB Template

Monday 16 September 2013

Birthday Owls

Hello,

Over a week has passed since my last post.  I've been so busy lately and everyday life seems to be getting in the way of my crafting.  I've spent most of the last week getting 'stuff' organised for selling in order to do a car boot sale today.  Unfortunately the weather took a turn for the worse so we took a rain check (literally) and are holding out for an indoor table sale at the end of the month.  I had a really enjoyable evening baking last night with my aunt (most of you will know she suffered a stroke at new year) and our combined efforts resulted in a humungous Victoria Sandwich cake which we took up to the Stroke Unit this afternoon when we went to pay a visit to the nurses and see how everyone was getting on since my aunt left there.  I'm pretty sure she'll never be able to make a cake entirely on her own again but it is nice to be able to do things like this together and have her pass on her tips and advice to me.

Tonight's card is one I made a couple of weeks ago for a friend's daughter who loves owls and Russian dolls.  Her mum asked if I would make a Russian doll card for her so I thought I'd go with owls for mine!

 
 
The Woodware stamps and papers were both magazine freebies a while back and I've layered up the papers and sentiment with dark brown cardstock.  The owls were paper pieced using several different papers from the pack and the bunting was made using a Stampin' Up punch, baker's twine and Papermania foam letters.  The number 3 was cut out using a template.  Looking at the photo now I wish I'd inked the edges of the 3 and bunting with some brown distress ink, I think it would have stood out more, but hindsight is a wonderful thing!  The card is finished off with turquoise and brown pearls.
 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Shona, lovely that you and your aunt had such a good time baking and that she is well.

    Great card, love the owls and colours. The design I lovely too, Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great paper piecing card Shona - fabulous - love all the details. Glad to hear your aunt is so much better too and what a wonderful thing to do together - you're a star xx

    ReplyDelete