TCBOTB Template

Sunday 14 April 2013

Don't Forget to Smell the Flowers

Good Evening Crafty Folks,

I'm back to late night posting again as the early evening was spent getting organised for going back to work and school tomorrow - boo!

We managed to squeeze in a trip to Whin Park with Iona this afternoon between all the showers we've been having.  I took lots of photos in the hope that I may get around to scrapping them eventually.  It's something that I really want to try and I always have lots of ideas in my head but getting the time to experiment is the problem, also I'm not used to working on such a large scale and my layouts are quite CAS so I'm a bit worried about not being able to put enough on the page. 

Anyways, on to tonights card.  This is pretty far removed from my usual style and I've gone a bit mad with the big shot!  The card started out as a tag for the April Tag Challenge on the Docrafts site and grew from there into a card for the Floral Challenge, also over at Docrafts.  The floral challenge was initially hosted by Sandra (DecOCards) who sadly passed away after suffering a stroke last week.



I've used a white ready made tag from Tesco which I've embossed using a butterfly design and I've added some die cut flowers using a Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die and some leaves ade using a Sizzlits Little Leaves Die.  I've finished off the tag with Black gems and satin ribbon.


I've added my tag to the base card to which I've added a doiley die cut from Xcut and a flourish which again is from Sizzix/Tim Holtz.  I've added a quote by Walter Hagen which I think is quite fitting and this has been die cut using an xcut scalloped oval nesting die and inked using Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress ink.  The papers used are from the Papermania Capsule Collections and the only other embellishment is a couple of pink pearls.

The doiley die is my new one I bought in Elgin yesterday but I'm ashamed to say that I've had the floral ones for ages and never got around to using them.

Oh well all good things come to an end and it's back to work tomorrow so you may not see me on here for a day or two until I get back into a routine again.  Hope everyone has a great week whatever you have planned.

Shona xx



2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shona, your design is fab, such beautiful dies and colours.
    The sentiment is very true, we don't take enough time to smell the flowers.
    Hope you have a good week, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous tag Shona and it looks amazing on your card - just go with the flow with your scrapbooking - don't worry about it - it'll come!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete