TCBOTB Template

Friday 19 April 2013

A Thank You Card

Hello!

I don't know about anyone else but I'm so glad it's the weekend, although my first week back at work has gone in quickly!  I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning, I'm visiting the hairdressers for a cut and colour.  This will be the first time I've had my hair coloured professionally for over 2 years, I've finally admitted defeat and can no longer successfully cover all my grey hair at home myself lol!  It will be nice to relax for a couple of hours - something I've not had much chance to do over the last 3 months!

So on to my card, this is one I've made for my Auntie to give the staff on the Stroke Ward she's been in.  She is now on the waiting list to transfer to the local community hospital as a stepping stone to coming home soon.  We might get under 24 hours notice of the transfer so I thought I'd better be prepared with a card!


I've mainly used a topper, sentiment and papers from Making Cards magazine which I've had for ages.  I've matted and layered these with green and lilac Bazzil Cardstock and have die-cut ornate corners and leaves using Marianne dies.  I've also added broderie anglaise lace trim and gingham ribbon and bow as well as a paper flower and another 2 handmade using ric rac braid.  I've used lots of little lilac gems to finish.

I have to say I'm not too sure if I like this card, I can't quite put my finger on it I think it's just a bit too flowery for me!  Having said that I'm going to enter it into the Docrafts Floral Challenge!

Goodnight folks!

Shona xx

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Shona, I know what you mean about reaching the weekend, well I hope you have a good one.
    Your card is lovely, especially the colour combination. Great your aunt may soon be home.
    Knitter magazine No. 44 is the one for cushion pattern.
    Cheers Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Shona - fab card for your auntie to send - I bet it will be appreciated! Hope the hair colouring went well! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete