TCBOTB Template

Friday 31 October 2014

Share an Oldie Friday - Christmas Cross Stitch



Good Morning,

Well there are a few bleary eyes in the Hamill household today, especially mine.  It was Halloween Disco at the school last night a good time was had by all but as I had to stick around to count up the cash and tidy up we were late getting home.  It was really hard to get Iona moving this morning thank goodness it's Friday!!!

Today I have a cross stitch picture to show you rather than a card.  Before I took up papercraft I was an avid cross-stitcher!  I do still enjoy it I just don't pick it up as often now.  I made this some years back and I've never shown it on my blog, Pinterest or Docrafts gallery before.  The pattern was from a cross stitch magazine but I can't remember now which one.  It took quite some time to complete as it's absolutely packed with detail but it was really enjoyable to stitch except the snow on the roof which was made with a blend of fibres including a metallic thread which was really hard to work with.  I'm glad I left that bit until last or I may have abandoned it!  It comes out every year with the Christmas decorations and goes up in our entrance hall.  Please excuse the dodgy photo with me in the reflection lol!  The glass made it really difficult to photograph.


I'm not sure if I'll be back later to share something more up to date, if not thank you for looking and enjoy your weekend whatever you're up to.

Shona xx

4 comments:

  1. Popped over from Kate's Blog.
    Absolutely LOVE your Cross Stitch.
    A wonderful piece to bring out each year

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Shona this is wonderful work, what a lot of detail and fabulous colours, I'm awfully pleased you persvered with it and now shared it with us. Such a gorgeous piece to bring out each year, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cross stitch Shona, looks wonderful
    Hugs.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shona, thanks for sharing an oldie with me today, love your cross stitch and perfect to get out in the run up to Christmas. I too used to do a lot of cross stitch but haven't done any for ages, I'm sure I have a pile of half done kits somewhere?!
    Have a super weekend, happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete