TCBOTB Template

Saturday 18 October 2014

Little Ivy



Hello,

I'm a bit late posting tonight but it's been a bit of a busy day again even though I was supposed to be taking it easy today, nothing too taxing just a lot of bits and pieces.  The best bit was Iona and I doing some crafting together, we both made quick Boofle cards which I will blog at a later date, and I helped her finish a gift bag she had started making.  She's really starting to get the papercraft bug now!  In between times I've started knitting a lacy scarf in a gorgeous random dyed metallic wool which I can't wait to finish.

Ok onto today's card well very early this morning about 2am to be precise.  I really wish I had this gorgeous LOTV Little Ivy stamp, this one belongs to a friend but I think it's definitely one for the ever growing wishlist.


I've coloured in the stamped image with Promarkers, blinging up the wings with some Stardust Stickles then fussy cut and mounted it on a die cut kraft card circle which I then ran through a Docrafts snowflake embossing folder.  I then lightly rubbed over the raised snowflakes with a white Versamagic Chalk Ink Dewdrop and added Gold Stickles to the edge.  I used a paper from the Docrafts First Noel paper pad and also edged that with Gold Stickles.  I've heat embossed the LOTV sentiment with Papermania gold embossing powder and mounted that on to kraft card.  I've added some snowflakes punched out of more kraft card and topped them with some pearls.  I've finished off my card with some glitter topped cotton lace and ribbon and randomly added some Capsule Collection dotty buttons, golden gems and the tiniest of pearls.

I'd better go now as I definitely need to go to bed earlier tonight!!!  Then again I might just pick up my knitting for a wee while...

Shona xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:





7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us at Aud Sentiments Shona! A very pretty Christmas card with lots of bling going on [as Heaven should be!] The glitter, pearls, gold EP and the ribbon! My favorite part is that you reversed the paper for the snowflakes to put over the background paper or the Kraft circle - that looks marvelous - very elegant look!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#117 – Anything Goes]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Shona and I love the twinkly, glittery detail too. I'm also very impressed by your photography as sparkle doesn't usually show up in my world!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card - love the gold highlights. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for October

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Shona, lovely image and colouring, great design and embellishments, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR October challenge and my CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's a cutie. I love the tan, gold and white color combo. The snowflake embellishments really add to the overall design of your card. I like it! Thanks for sharing your card at Christmas Cards all Year Round. Our new November challenge started yesterday. We hope you will join us this month too. Christmas Cards All Year Round

    ReplyDelete