TCBOTB Template

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Thank You Teacher



Good evening crafty friends,

I'm starting to get a bit stressed again with work and commitments at home but I'm determined to keep crafting and blogging through it to keep my spirits up.  I've got just over 2 weeks until my fortnights holidays so I am sure I can keep going until then.

Tonight's card is one I made a couple of weeks back for Iona to give her teacher at the end of term.  Unfortunately the teacher she had last year is leaving the school as it was just a probationary post she had.  She is a fantastic teacher for one so young and will be a big miss at the school.


I used black card and white embossing powder to create a chalkboard effect for the focal point of the card then die cut around it using a spellbinders die.  It comes complete with some chalk dust by way of some stray embossing powder (oops!).  I'm afraid I have no idea about the brand or name of the stamp set as it was given to me by a friend without the packaging but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be a Woodware one.  The patterned paper is from a 6x6 stack by Studio Calico called Darling Dear and was a surprise find in TK Maxx for the bargain price of £2.99.  I've added some faux stitching using a Micron pen and some narrow gingham ribbon.  The card is finished off with some black domed embellishments (can't really describe them as gems) from Hobbycraft and some Tim Holtz Idea-ology letter stickers.

Thank you for taking the time to drop by,

Shona xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafting from the Heart - #27 Anything Goes
Sister Act Challenge - #65 Anything Goes





2 comments:

  1. this is fab Shona - I hope you do manage to keep on top of things - only two weeks to your holibobs - gotta be good! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona, sorry to hear your getting a bit stressed, sometimes we are expected to do too much, especially at work, hope you manage to keep on top of it all.
    Fabulous card for the teacher, love your design, and colours, bet ahe loved it, take care, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete